Tuesday 19 April 2016

21 Days

According to plastic surgeon Maxwell Maltz it takes 21 days to form a new habit. He came to this opinion when he realised that after he’d performed surgery on someone (new nose, new boobs, liposuction etc.) It took them 21 days to accept their new way of looking. He then wondered if that could be applied to habits, so he tried it and it did! 

So today was the first day of me putting myself first…another 20 and I’ll have it nailed (apparently)

  I find it hard to do, and there were a few moments, I nearly stopped before I started! During my normal working week, I don’t get time to treat myself to half an hour reading in bed. I get up at 4.15am, so any earlier is not really an option. But today I could, so my day started with half an hour with DI Marnie Rome. If you’ve not read anything by Sarah Hilary, then you should! I can’t recommend her books highly enough. They’re real page-turners and should be turned into a TV series immediately! 

  Having just got back from holiday, my cupboards were bare, so I headed off for breakfast and to do my shopping. In the spirit of putting myself first and looking after me, I went for breakfast and took the healthy option of an omelette. Feeling smug, I inwardly applauded my choice. When it arrived, it had 2 hash browns on the side.

So here was my dilemma, did I eat the hash browns and start again tomorrow? I could blame the jet lag! Or did I realise that eating the hash browns wasn’t putting myself first at all. It was adding to my already expanding waistline, which ultimately would only make me more miserable and not get me where I wanted to go!


  I didn’t eat the hash browns……



No comments:

Post a Comment