Tuesday 26 April 2016

Sabotage!


My alarm goes off at 4.15am every weekday morning. That’s not because I’m one of these women that gets up early, does 30 minutes of yoga, followed by some meditation and then spends time sipping a green smoothie whilst she spends quality time on her hair and make up….. No I’m not that woman.

  This is me…

4.15am – Bruno Mars kicks me in the Vagina (not literally) as he blurts out “Uptown Funk” from my alarm.

4.16am – swear at alarm for 30 seconds, realize I don’t have that sort of time to waste and jump in the shower.

4.18am - realise I haven't switched off second alarm, get out of shower with soap in my eyes dripping wet to switch it off. Promise myself faithfully to remember to switch off second alarm the next day.

4.25am – get out of shower…having decided that I don’t have to shave my legs because quite frankly it’s cold and no ones going to see my legs, let along touch them.

4.30am – try and remember where I’m meant to be that day, if I have any important meetings and figure out what to wear.

4.35am –Apply make up.

4.37am – Clearly not a lot of time is spent on the above point, but if I’m not drying my hair by this time, I’m late!

4.41am – decide hair is dry enough and that I can tie it up when it's properly dry.

4.45am – come downstairs, wake the dogs up, convince Cyril he does need a wee, try and stop Mabel from barking with excitement that the whole house is up. Make breakfast; sort out stuff to take to work.

4.55am – switch on computer and start work.

5.40am – leave house

There’s not time for yoga and meditation!

 As part of my 21 day plan to put myself first (which I’m still doing!) I’ve tried to be more organized about things, so I’ve mixed up my breakfasts, making sure that I’ve thought about what I want to eat, so in a morning I don’t just have toast, which I like, but is boring!

I’ve also made sure that I have a green smoothie ready and it just needs whizzing up in a morning (yes I am THAT woman!)

And because my working day generally finishes somewhere between 5pm and 6pm, I ‘ve prepared healthy meals, which have been frozen and put into little containers… I’ve even remembered to write on them so I don’t have to play freezer roulette!




Monday and Tuesday, that’s how it goes, but I realized last week that there’s a saboteur in the ranks…. Bloody Wednesday! 

   By Wednesday I’m so tired that It’s 4.39am by the time I’m drying my hair! I’ve not got anything ready for breakfast, so it’s just toast for breakfast, I’ve not had chance to go to the supermarket to buy fresh salad and for tea it’s probably something on toast and because I just want to crash in front of the tele, Wednesday has started to get it’s claws into Thursday and then it’s a slippery slope!

  Not this week, this week I ruined Wednesday’s plans and stuck to my own! Even if my chickpea vegetable curry that I had for tea, was really just tomato flavoured vegetables with a slight curry taste!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment