Thursday 14 November 2013

Challenge Accepted!


Apologies for the lack of blog last week, I haven’t given up, put on huge amounts of weight or gone into general hiding, I’ve just been busy with work and when you work for yourself, you quickly realise that’s a good thing!

  Our Weight Watchers leader always talks about how many balls we all have to juggle, whether it’s work, family, feeling ill and just the general tasks we have to do in our day to day lives,  at some point we will put a ball down to alleviate the pressure and normally that’s the dieting ball. So despite the fact there’ve been a few 5am alarm calls and late finishes, I have desperately tried to keep that ball firmly in the air (I’m starting to feel I’m writing a circus piece, but you get my point) The only thing I have had to sacrifice the last couple of weeks is the actual weigh in, but apart from 1 day, I have tracked and stuck to my diet and even squeezed in my weekly game of badminton. Debs and I think the over 50’s may let us play with them soon, although we’re both rubbish at remembering what the actual score is!

  Lucy and I decided that although we are still very much focused on our Slinky mission, we’ve lost a little bit of focus and are starting to get a little disillusioned that it’s not as quick as we might have liked, so we decided we needed a bit of a challenge.  So we decided we should do something for charity, so we’ve signed up for this;

Hello Katie and Lucy this email confirms your places in The MoonWalk London 2014! 

 It doesn't mean we'll be learning how to do this.

  
But, on 10th May 2014,  Lucy and I will be walking 26 miles to raise money for breast cancer. It’s the Full Moon walk, which in my childish brain makes me giggle because I imagine we’ll be mooning people at various places along the route (we wont) There is the option to do the half moon (*sniggers childishly again*) but we thought in for a penny and all that, so went for the Full Moon (*more sniggers* I actually need to grow up!)

  We have both had family members and friends affected by cancer and sadly I think it’s rare these days if you haven’t. Although this walk is for breast cancer, Lucy and I want to do in the honour of all the people we know / have been lucky enough to know who have suffered.

  It also means some serious training, which although the website says 12 weeks should be enough, I reckon I’ll need a bit longer to get myself in a good enough physical shape to walk 26 miles without having to stop halfway round for a mini meltdown.

  On Saturday the training begins, and hopefully as I can feel my body getting fitter and my thighs getting thinner, so there's no more "chub rub", the slight feeling of panic I get when I think about what we’re about to attempt will subside and I’ll just be able to focus on our fundraising target.

We are in the process of setting up a fundraising page, but for now it’s time to find a comfy pair of trainers!


No comments:

Post a Comment