Wednesday 2 December 2015

You Mess with Me? You Mess With MY Whole Family!


I stayed the same this week, which to be honest I was OK with. I think I’ve put my body through so much yo-yo dieting over the years that it really must wonder what the hell is going on.

   From diets that involve a ridiculous amount of cottage cheese, to ones that involve a fruity shake every 3 days, I’ve tried a variety. So I figure now I’m doing it properly, my body is re-adjusting itself and wondering if I’m about to stop the healthy eating and attempt the prawn, pomegranate and pea diet (I’m not sure this actually exists)

  I feel back in control of what I’m doing, I’m planning meals, pointing everything and exercising more too. I’m doing my favourite classes at the gym (willingly I might add) and haven’t received a “we are just checking you’re still alive phone call from the gym”

  Also helping my increase in exercise is the fact my beloved dog Cyril is on the mend and can once again roam the countryside. Poor old Cyril has had a bit of a time of it recently. He had to have quite a big operation on his leg earlier this year and he couldn’t really go on walks before the op and certainly not afterwards. He was on basket rest, which with Cyril was easier said than done. He became a bit of a 3-legged ninja. But now the leg is better.

Poorly Cyril


  Sadly for an active dog, being inactive meant that just like his mummy, Cyril piled on a few pounds, so he’s also been on a diet. Also just like Mummy, the weight is starting to come off and he’s looking good.

  So last week, Cyril, Lucy and I took off to Whitby.



   I love Whitby, it’s one of my favourite places, I love it’s Gothic qualities, I love the fact it still feels like a seaside town from my childhood, I love the cobbled streets, the quirky shops, the little cafes, the beauty of the coast and I love walking Cyril along the beach and then sitting with a cup of tea in a polystyrene cup. I love my Whitby Lucky Duck that sits on my bookcase and obviously makes my house a lucky place to live!



  Last week, Whitby was really quiet and Lucy, Cyril and I wondered around, in and out of shops, up and town the seafront, breaking the day up with cups of tea and a lobster tail. Cyril being Cyril was making friends everywhere we went.

As I stood outside one shop waiting for Lucy, this old couple came up to me and started asking questions about the dog.
“How old is he”
“What breed is he?”
“Did he behave?”

  We generally exchanged the pleasantries of strangers, and then as the couple turned to leave, the woman said these immortal words



  If I’m honest I’m still not sure if she was talking to me or the dog, although as she said it, she did bend to stroke Cyril, so maybe it was more aimed at him, but let me tell you something about pet owners. You tell them their pet is fat, what they hear is “you’re fat”.


  Make no bones about it, I was offended, Lucy was offended, I don’t think Cyril cared. 

 So when I heard the story about the lady who was handed a card on the tube by someone from an organisation called "Overweight Haters Ltd", I felt really angry on the woman's behalf. I was livid that the oldies had said said something to Cyril, who is a dog, but to actively take the time to have a card printed to hand to someone is a whole other level of tosser-ness!!!  Unless of course, the ring leaders are actually an old couple from North Yorkshire wear matching khaki coats and carrying a Roy Cropper style shopper, because lets face it, who knows what was in that bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment