Wednesday 22 June 2016

When More Nos Equal More Yeses

I’m just going to say it, three weeks after really getting to grips with “operation love my Heart” and my little plaque proudly displays, these little numbers.



I’m so proud of myself! Proud because I’ve stuck to what I promised myself I would!

  Now I’ve always been the sort of person, who’s pretty much up for anything, which is probably how I found myself camping in the jungle with a group of soldiers and abseiling down the side of Nottingham Forest Football club.

  Somehow my fun "yeses" got turned into not so fun "yeses", and I found the time I had for me getting less and less and the things I wanted or sometimes needed to do getting put on the backburner. I don’t like ironing any more than the next person, but sometimes you’ve got to get it done!

  So two weeks ago when my sister Lucy signed up to join my gym, I said “yes” to giving her my password to my online booking and agreed to try various classes, on the proviso that if I REALLY hated something or suffered injury I didn’t have to go again!

  Every bit of me wanted to say “no”, but a promise is a promise and what is it they say ....




  We started off with aqua Zumba, which in fairness, won me round immediately…. Dancing in the water? What’s not to love? Alright it was hardly the famous lake scene from “Dirty Dancing”, but there was a classic Aha track on the playlist for good measure and afterwards we gossiped in the hot tub.



  Then there was the yoga…. This class started and ended with 10 minutes laying on the floor…. This baby sells itself! I didn’t care that I’d accidentally positioned myself next to Bendy McBendyface the bendiest woman in all of bendyland.

Next up was body combat. This is basically pretending to punch and kick things in time to music. Great for stress levels and I slept like a baby afterwards!

  Finally, today it was Just Jhoom, which is my favourite gym class! It’s basically a Bollywood version of Zumba.

  To allow me to fit all of this in, I’ve said “no” to some stuff I don’t want to do!

  It’s not just been the exercise, I’ve said “no” to biscuits in meetings, I said “no” when someone offered me a cake to take home and I’ve politely declined taking on a work project that ultimately would be of no benefit to my business.

  So if I take all my nos and add them to my yeses, do you know what I got? 3 ½ pounds off! That’s what I got!

  Tomorrow I’ve said yes to going spinning and unless the teacher looks like Matt Goss and is naked, this might get added to my “no’s” for next week

No comments:

Post a Comment