Thursday 15 December 2016

The Filling Cabinet

Every office has one, a filling cabinet, they are the bane of the life of anyone who is trying to watch their weight.

  Now before you e-mail me, to say I’ve spelt it wrong, it should be “filing cabinet”, I’d like to point out that offices have both, you’ve probably just never realised that what’s it called.

 Allow me to explain, the “FILING Cabinet”, is a big silver thing that contains all the crap no one is really sure what to do with, it’s the thing you sort out in that period between Christmas & New Year when you have nothing else to do.

  The "FILLING” Cabinet is also all of the above, but it’s the cabinet where any food bought into the office is placed.

  Cakes for people’s birthday, left over buffet from a board meeting, the holiday sweets from Ben in accounts trip to Magaluf.

  The FILLING Cabinet is the Joker to the dieter’s Batman, the Moriarty to the Weight Watcher’s Sherlock, the Phil Mitchell to the slimmer’s Ian Beale….. you get the point, it’s their nemesis!!!

  This morning when I arrived at work, some kind of cake and chocolate fairy had obviously been at work overnight. The FILLING cabinet was awash with chocolate muffins, doughnut, Quality Street and biscuits! As I hurried by them to the kitchen to make a brew.



Devil Katie was shouting.....

“Do you know what goes well with a brew? A Chocolate muffin”

Angel Katie, had my back though…

“You said that Christmas would start on Christmas Eve and until then you would stick to your diet”

Devil Katie tried a different tact…

“You’re already fat, what difference will one chocolate muffin make”

As I picked up my brew and walked out the kitchen, I paused briefly by the muffins.

And then I walked away…..


Do you know what also goes well with a brew? A satsuma (It doesn’t, but it’s better for me when I get on the scales!)

No comments:

Post a Comment