Wednesday 9 October 2013

Katie ♥ Matt (IDST)


I’m going to hold my hands up; I haven’t made it to weigh in this week for a number of reasons really. 
1) I’ve been in London for a few days and the timing of the trains meant we missed the morning meeting 
2) We had an business meeting, which meant we couldn't attend t the evening meeting.

   If I’m doubly honest I’m also pleased because although I wasn’t naughty whilst we were away, I wasn’t as good as I could have been, there were a few cocktails and a scampi and chips incident on Monday night after we came out of the concert, I can’t lie, I really enjoyed them!

Katie & Lucy London selfie!


  Still it’s back to my Slinky mission and today it was back to my morning porridge and fruit, I think a treat every now and again is fine as long as you go back to the diet straight away.

Breakkie of porridge grapes and banana


  Lucy and I went to London as we had tickets to see Matt Goss. Anyone that knows me well (or is even just a casual acquaintance) will know that I LOVE Matt Goss, I have done ever since I was young and in some ways I consider him my first love because he was the first boy I wanted to be my boyfriend. In fact he’s the reason I wanted to be a journalist, I remember watching a behind the scenes programme about “Smash Hits”, which was my favourite! The programme showed the journalists heading off to interview popstars and it dawned on me that if I became a journalist I could one day meet Bros!

 I did become a journalist and one day I did get to interview Matt Goss. I think out of all the people I’ve ever interviewed (the clanging you can hear is me dropping names) Michael Buble, Gary Barlow, Olly Murs and JLS. Matt Goss is the only time I have ever been at a loss for words! There was him and me in a studio and he said “would you like me to sing for you first”, I said yes and then all I could do was stare at him, because deep inside I knew my 12-year-old self was screaming her head off! I remember thinking I’m going to have to explain why I’m staring, I explained what a fan I was and his exact words to me were “would it help if I hugged you” I thought that’s not going to help at all, but I REALLY want you to touch me! Truthfully the interview was a mess, because I could barely string two words together, but I felt like my years of university and 3.30am starts had all been worth it! 



  It's always weird when you get to meet someone who's poster adorned your bedroom wall and I had Bros posters EVERYWHERE! My Dad even drank copious amounts of Grolsch so that I could have bottle tops on my shoes. I realise that statement will mean nothing to anyone below the age of 30!

   My love for Matt hasn’t dwindled at all over the years and seeing him perform on Monday reminded me that I really am capable of achieving whatever I want. Alright at 12 years old deciding to become a journalist so I could meet my favourite popstar was quite a statement to make! I think as I then became a fan of NKOTB, BLue, Bon Jovi and a million other bands, I wanted to pursue my ambition because I like talking to and meeting people, whether they're famous or not and I have only ever really wanted to do something that involved me entertaining, whether it was through the written or spoken word. Back in the day Kirkby girls didn’t work in radio, in fact the radio station my career started with didn’t even exist, so I’m not really sure how I ever thought I was going to do it, but do it I did!

  What it’s done is remind me that even though my weight loss might not be as quick as I would like, I am achieving something and I am getting there. It’s easy to let comments such as “you probably wont ever lose all your weight” or people who just generally try and knock my confidence get to me. I know what I’m capable of and I know however crazy what I want to achieve may seem, when I really decide I want to do something I find a way to make it happen! So even though it took me 15 years to meet my idol, I did it, I'm just hoping it doesn't take me 15 years to get to goal! I've just always been slightly sad that there's no photographic evidence, because I forgot my camera, I like to think Matt and I will ways have studio B at Mansfield 103.2 to look back on (well I will!)

Matt Goss or Mr Trinder as I like to call him ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment