Friday 23 January 2015

You Are Feeling Very Sleepy!

The snow put paid to me getting to my weigh in this week, which I was really gutted about because I’ve had a god week. I have religiously been wearing my Fitbit and on Sunday managed 17,209, my personal best so far! 



And then I earned my marathon badge, which I’m not sure what that means but I got an encouraging message telling me I was doing brilliantly!




And despite not being able to do any driving yesterday (my car, a huge hill near where I live and the snow are not a great mix) Cyril and I went out for a snowy walk, which was lovely and so peaceful!


Cyril LOVES the snow!


  I’ve also now gone a whole week without any form of chocolate, biscuit, cake or desert! Not even a low fat slimming piece of chocolate has passed my lips! How have I achieved this? Is it my iron will? Have I been poorly? Have I not been able to make it to the shops? Am I trying to prove something?

  The answer is no to all the above! I’ve been bewitched, well hypnotised. I’ve had hypnotism in the past to help with nightmares. For years after I was stalked I suffered hideous nightmares and started to sleep walk, sleep talk and my personal favourite waving in my sleep! Sharing a room with anyone was a bit of a problem and very often if I’d been away with my sister, Lucy would say “what on earth where you on about last night?” “Or who were you waving to?” I think Lucy thought I’d gone all “6th Sense” and was waving to dead people! The upshot was I very rarely got a good night’s sleep. My Mum suggested I tried hypnotism. I went for about 4 sessions in total and it really worked for me. It’s now very rare that I sleep walk /talk / wave, unless I’m massively stressed.

  This time it was my Dad, who suggested hypnotism. He’d seen something on the tele about a woman who’d been for it to help with weight loss and it worked. So last week off I went.

 The session started with us having a chat about what I liked to eat, what triggered me to over eat. I’m a comfort eater and so in times of stress (and I have had a bit of a difficult time recently) I turn to my friend Mr Cadbury. We also spoke about when I really started to put weight on, which was when I was being stalked and then that left me with al kinds of issues, of not wanting to have people in my personal space, not wanting people to look at me (which is weird because you get stared at a lot when you’re fat) or for people to see me as attractive. I think in my head I thought if I was fat and ugly I wouldn’t ever get stalked again. (I didn’t say it was a rational thought!)

  I felt a bit sorry for the hypnotist, because I figured by the time I’d told her about the stalking, the deaths of my Mum, Gran and friends, I thought she must be sorry she’d asked me why I over ate!

  Weirdly I think she’d probably seen people in a worse state than me, because she didn’t seem phased and was pretty sure she could help! We then started the actual hypnotism. If you’ve never been hypnotised it’s the nicest strangest feeling, you are very relaxed and aware of what is being said to you, but then also not aware at the same time. I was aware of her talking about how things with sugar smelled (like dirty toilets) and that a pile of sugar was basically a pile of maggots, which made me think about that bit from “The Lost Boys” when they’re eating rice “Maggots, Michael. You're eating maggots.”




  So at this moment in time I have no desire to incorporate maggots into my diet. So despite the snow meaning I couldn’t get to my weigh in, I feel slinkier and my clothes are starting to feel a bit loser and I’m making better food choices. So with a mixture of sticking to my Weight Watchers points and following my DNA fit eating plan I reckon next week’s weigh in should be pretty OK!

No comments:

Post a Comment