Wednesday 11 November 2015

Squad Goals

  
We all have that one moment that forces us to face the facts of a situation, it doesn’t matter what that situation is, there’s always a moment of clarity. Weight wise it can be a photo that makes you recoil in horror at the sheer level of "heiferness" you’ve reached. Relationship wise, it might be when you realise that despite your boyfriend telling you he’s only texting his hot female friend all times of day and night because they’re having “bants”, he is in fact cheating on you. Or a friend who keeps saying “we’ll pencil something in the diary” is really saying “we’ll pencil it in, in case I get a better offer” It’s time to accept they don’t value your friendship.

  That first weigh in takes bravery because you’re accepting you need to make a change, yes it’s embarrassing sharing with someone who’s essentially a total stranger one of your deepest darkest secrets, but if you’re going to fix it, you have to face facts!



  Last Sunday, Lucy (my sister) and I re-joined Weight Watchers, a new class, a new leader, and a fresh start! We were made to feel really welcome and as much as I dreaded walking in, there’s something really comforting about being amongst a group of people who all want to achieve the same thing…..lose a bit of timber!

  I came across a term the other day I’d never heard before, probably because I’m getting ever closer to high fiving 40! That term was “Squad Goals”, basically it means you and your friends are all trying to achieve something together and supporting each other in the process. Think Taylor Swift and her crew in the video “Bad Blood”



  I think it’s far easier to lose weight when you’ve got people on your side. Friends and family who don’t mind if you say “how did you cook that, what’s in it?” Or don’t try and entice you to have a takeaway in front of “The X Factor” or those who use my favourite phrase “One wont kill you, it’s only one little chocolate” These people are not part of your squad! These people are the Katy Perry to your Taylor Swift; you should have beef with them (but really lean beef, with all the fat trimmed off)

  It struck me this week, that I’m lucky, because my family and friends do have “Squad Goals”, no one has suggested a takeaway over the weekend, or rocked up at my house with a pack of biscuits or tried to deter me from going to the gym. But I have to say this week my Dad gets special #squadgoals praise, he went shopping and bought me a couple of pressies.

 Nothing says, “you can do this” like some sachets of Weight watchers Hot Chocolate (1 pro point each) and some Christmas fluffy socks!


2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful new start Katie. We are in it to win it with Squad Goals.Your Dad is a great bloke to have on your side. WW hot chocolate and fluffy socks. He knows how to spoil a girl.
    Great blog again this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I thought they were great gifts, I loved them.xx

    ReplyDelete