Tuesday 3 November 2015

Wardrobe Wars

Last week, I reached crisis point. I could no longer to ignore the bulging doors of my wardrobe. My “if it fits, it sits policy” was no longer a viable motto by which to live my life! It was time to take drastic action.

The calm

The storm


  I have a love / hate relationship with my wardrobe, I love it when it’s tidy, I can find things and everything in it fits. I hate it, when it’s a mess, I can’t find anything and nothing fits. I have also adopted this policy…



  So last week, I bit the bullet and faced my fears. I approached it with all the gusto of Dean Gaffney doing a Bush tucker trial!



  I’m always amazed at how many clothes I have that I have never worn; some to my shame still have the tags in them because “I’ll slim into them!” This time I was ruthless, I threw stuff away that I hadn’t worn for years or had become a bit tatty and I forced myself to try things on. It was quite sobering really, there was some stuff I was convinced fit me, that really didn’t and so I have now organised my wardrobe into sections

1)     Stuff that I like and fits
2)     Stuff that I can wear if I wear a really long top to hide my belly / bum / don’t really need to sit down throughout the day
3)     The “give me a half a stone and I’ll be back in that”
4)     The “you can’t it over your knees yet, but maybe eventually” section

Over the last few months, with work and a general sense of cockiness I thought I could do it on my own. I’ve lost a few pounds here and there, but nothing significant and faced with my sectioned wardrobe, I figured it was time to go back to the only thing that’s ever worked for me in the past. Weightwatchers!

  This week, I’ve pointed and tracked everything and have my first weigh in on Sunday. I’m a girl that needs the fear of a weekly weigh in to succeed, so that’s what I’m doing. Either that or the wannabee fashionista in me can’t bear to have so many clothes in her wardrobe that she can’t wear!


  Making the decision to go back to Weight Watchers wasn’t the only good thing to come out of my wardrobe-war, I also discovered I own 5 Christmas jumpers… that’s normal right?



No comments:

Post a Comment