Tuesday 3 May 2016

Sometimes You've Got to Crack a lot of Eggs!

I am 16 days into my 21-day plan to make sure that someone in my list of priorities I come first…. I reckon that for about 12 of those days, it’s been the case. The days it hasn’t happened, I’ve checked myself and put it right the following day… it’s a learning curve right?

  So far in the 16 days, there have been trips to the gym, dog walks, reading, watching films, catching up with friends and some evenings where I’ve allowed myself to give into how tired I am and just unashamedly got into bed at 7pm and slept!

  My 21 day KT plan has also involved making sure that I eat right, so I’ve invested in a couple of cook books.



  This is what I’ve leant, if its green it’s good for you (green jelly babies don’t count) if it’s some form of protein that’s good for you and don’t be scared of fat, some fats are good for you.

SORTED!

  I’ve also learnt that already slinky people cook from scratch! They use things like Tahini and turmeric and tender-stem broccoli, which is apparently different from tough-stemmed broccoli. See I’m learning stuff.

  I now eat a lot of stuff cooked in a slow cooker or a wok, I work on the “shove it all in and let it cook” method and so far my one pot culinary skills have not let me down!

  Today though, today I got cocky! One of my favourite things in the world is dippy eggs and because I don’t have time to eat them in a morning, I sometimes have them for lunch. Check me out with my lunchtime protein, which keeps me full till teatime.



 Today I thought I’d step it up a gear, I’d seen this recipe where you got some large mushrooms and then you cracked an egg into the mushroom, added a bit of ham and cooked them. They looked nice, they looked easy to do and they were healthy!


Things I have learnt today…. Cracking an egg into a mushroom is not easy!



No comments:

Post a Comment