Thursday 17 April 2014

"It's a Deal, It's a Steal, It's the Sale of the F*****g Century"

I've put 2 pounds on this week and I am absolutely gutted, even though if I’m honest I know exactly where it’s come from. I’m not trying to blame anyone, but I’m blaming Easter. I’m also blaming my inability to resist a deal!

  The other day, Lucy and I were out shopping and because I’m a nice big sister, I offered to treat her to a brew. Before I knew it the sales assistant was offering me a “meal deal”, which meant not only could I  have my filter coffee (0 Weight Watchers pro-points) but a cake too! The deal meant a slice of cake was only an extra 50p!


CAKE!

  Contrary to popular belief, I’m quite odd for a fattie because I don’t like cream cakes! I can feel the shock of this revelation sending shock waves that have surely been felt on the Richter scale. Skinny people everywhere are currently shrugging their shoulders and shaking their heads “what do you mean this fat person doesn’t like cream cakes, ALL fat people like cream cakes, it’s why they’re fat, EVERYONE knows that, there are postcards that you can buy from the seaside, which clearly show a fat woman sat with a skinny man eating cream cakes” They're probably phoning their local MP's to discuss.

  Well I don’t like cream cakes, but I am a sucker for a caramel slice and as the waitress tempted me with her “add a cake for 50p offer” she waved towards the cake counter, my eye bypassed the cream cakes (we’ve been through this skinny people get over it), I momentarily lingered over the carrot cake and then there it was, like a shiny beacon of chocolatey caramelly loveliness, a huge chunk of caramel shortcake. I looked at it, it looked at me, I sort of saw Lucy’s mouth move up and down in slow motion, but I couldn’t make out the words! I longed for it, I lusted for it, had a naked Matt Goss walked in right there and then and said “Take me now Katie, I’m yours forever”, I probably would have ignored him, in favour of this piece of caramel shortcake (and we all know how much I love my Matt!)

Any excuse to include a picture of Matt Goss


  Fortunately I took too long to decide, because the sounds that Lucy had been making when I saw her mouth moving slowly up and down, was her actually saying no to all cake. So by the time I was out of my caramel shortcake fantasy, coffee had been ordered and I was being ushered to sit down.

  However at a trip to the supermarket later, I was not so lucky. Yet more Easter chocolate deals greeted me as I walked through the doors. Being a good Weight Watcher, I know that a Malteser Bunny is 4 pro-points; a Creme Egg is 5 pro-points, as is a Lindor egg. 

I bite the top off mine & lick out the insides
   
Fine, I know if I want I can have ONE as a treat. However at the moment, most places are doing three Malteser bunnys for a pound, and two cream eggs / Lindor eggs also for a pound. The bargain hunter in me, thinks, “wow what a deal” I can save money by buying them now and putting them in my fridge and eating them over a suitably long period of time. So I took full advantage of the offer, thinking I’d ticked many boxes.


  That was all fine, until later that night sat watching TV and all I could think of was those bloody Malteser bunnies and before you knew it, I’d eaten all 3! So I’m willing to bet that contributed to my 2 pounds.

  I also think I’ve started to slip a bit, not counting tomato sauce / salad cream I add to meals, eating the same foods and I think maybe I’ve got a bit bored of being on a diet. Still last night was a wake up call, if I don’t stop, my weight is going to creep up and up and before I know it I’ll be back where I started and that will devastate me! So last night when I got home, I got out all my Weight Watchers cook books out and started to plan some different (Katie-friendly cooking meals) that I can experiment with next week! So on the menu for next week (just in case you decide to pop round for tea) are prawn and salmon pie, pasta salad with blue cheese and walnuts and I shall be baking peanut butter and banana mini muffins. I ‘ve also planned my schedule to fit in trips to the gym.

  You know what they say “you are going to want to give up…don’t” I’ve come this far; I guess I’m allowed a blip!



3 comments:

  1. I like to put my cream egg all in in one go! Very messy though! I'm currently trying to undo the damage of Easter with my Mean Green Salad. Wish me luck! Good luck with your weight loss.
    http://hayinaday.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/mean-green-salad.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I've just had a look at your Mean Green Salad and I'm going to give it a go....maybe next Easter I'll try the cream egg thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant let me know what you think of the salad! And good luck with the egg next year!

    ReplyDelete