Thursday 11 September 2014

A Fat Version Of....

Stayed the same this week, but my clothes are starting to feel looser again and I’m no longer having to avoid sitting down when wearing certain pairs of trousers. I’ve also continued my culinary experiments; this week it was Weight Watchers Tuna Bake and Bread and Butter pudding, which actually weren’t disasters!

My Weight Watchers bread & butter pudding 3PP a portion!


 I’ve also been making myself step away from the computer at night and go to the gym, so generally I’m feeling healthier and sleeping better!

  My Mum was pretty much on a diet her whole life, but she always had one rule, no matter how fat she was, she ALWAYS made an effort with her appearance. She would say even if you have to buy something in a bigger size, buy a couple of items that you feel really good in and that you can mix and match with some other things. That way when you went out you would know that you were feeling good in what you were wearing and you weren’t self-conscious of a muffin top or a camel toe (not that I think my Mum would EVER use the phrase “camel toe”)

My Mum


  She also made sure that her nails were painted and that she had nice shoes and handbags. “A handbag will fit you whatever size you are” As a result after she died, Lucy and I inherited a pretty nice handbag collection, including a Mulberry that she told Dad “had been about twenty quid from Marks and Spencers”

  I always try and look nice if I’m going somewhere (except the gym, what’s the point of looking nice when I’m just going to get red and sweaty???)

I don’t have hundreds of pounds to spend on my appearance, but I am quite a savvy shopper, and I'm fussy about my hair, so I do treat myself to a decent hair cut, because I think that’s my crowning glory!

  I’m obsessed with Supermarket clothes. Before you get snobby about them, Sainsbury’s’ TU range (Gok Wan designs for them, so technically they’re designer) and Asda’s George collection (or Jorge as I like to refer to them) are amazing! They’re really well priced, fashionable and if you are a bountiful beauty then the sizes go up to 22 / 24.  A few wardrobe staples, black trousers, jeans, a skirt and a few tops and jumpers and you can pretty much create a few different looks in things that you feel god in. Plus if you are losing weight, having to buy new clothes all the time can get pretty expensive!

  I’m not saying I look amazing all the time, because I really don’t, but I try and avoid the trap of dressing like a fat person and hiding away in oversized items, because that actually makes you look fatter. Don’t get me wrong my legs stay hidden as a matter of courtesy to all other human beings, but I try and wear stuff that’s more tailored and works with my figure than against it. I’m a sucker for a bright pair of shoes, jewellery and handbags and I love to do my nails and toes. I try and go out feeling as good as I can, because that helps my confidence and when I feel confident I don’t want to stuff my face with chocolate to make myself feel better!

My favourite EVER shoes from Irregular Choice



 So in the last few weeks my general swagger has earned me the following compliments

  “Don’t take this the wrong way, but you look like a fat version of Michael Buble’s wife” Brilliant, she’s a hot Argentinian model, I’ll take that, even though I’m no longer blonde, I’ve never been hot or Argentinian, but it was a nice thing to say.

Me and Michael Buble in 2012, if only he'd known, he was going to marry a thinner version of me!
And…

“You look like a fat version of Una from the Saturdays” Well we both have reddy-brown hair and blue eyes, so again I’ll take that as a compliment.

A fat Una???

 I think what people are trying to say is that for a fatty I’m generally quite pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment